I have some general questions about tarot cards and reading?
1. How do you shuffle your deck? I know it’s a manner of preference, but I want some opinions. This leads into…
2. Should I encourage reverse cards? Is this also a manner of preference?
3. What is a good spread for asking simple questions? Just shuffle and draw a card as an answer?
Suggestion by Meetu
First thing abt Tarot – FOLLOW your INTUITION.
1. U can shuffle any way u like. Tarot cards r sacred. so handle them with respect. I shuffle like playing cards jus tht i do it much more respectfully and lovingly This is the easiest way for me as my hands ar a little small. They r ur companions.
2. Again its a matter of ur chioce. Reverse cards also indicate the same except tht the intensity of the msg of the card is reduced. Its more like planets going retrograde. I generally dont use reversed cards. Only if they fall from deck in a reversed manner i read them in tht way.
3. For simple questions u can do a one card reading or 5 card reading. again go with ur intuition. Sometimes a single card cant give u info as the issue goes deeper, so u can take either a clarification card or do a complete reading. Use bigger spreads for getting deeper insights.
Suggestion by Helen
1) Overhand (I have never been able to riffle shuffle any cards and I and don’t want to damage my cards)
2) Not as a beginner, but later to add some depth to your dictionary/vocabulary
3) Single card or three card spread (past, present, future) or 2-card challenges spread (situation and challenges), or 2-card challenges spread plus likely outcome of current path/direction (the 3 main cards from the celtic cross spread for a specific issue).
There are some great tips in this site:
Suggestion by Rev. Lynn D.
I shuffle my deck as I would any other cards and it is a matter of preference. Some readers don’t use reverse cards but I think that it limits you in your readings if reverse is not used. You don’t have to encourage them, they will just happen.
I don’t use a spread for questions. I throw 3 – 5 cards and sometimes even more if I don’t get the answer right away.
Can other people besides yourself touch your tarot cards?
I have heard that nobody but you can touch them because of personal energy,but what if the other person is the questioner? Dont they have to pick out thier own cards?
Suggestion by overweight doomsayerz
You’re just not supposed to have a tarot card set that has been used by someone else.
Suggestion by samakāmitā
sure, if they find some.
Suggestion by Maci
If someone touched your tarot cards and made you feel uncomfortable, tell a trusted adult. No one should touch your tarot cards until you are ready.